New 2,790 m2 mixed use 3-storey building addition and 1,025 m2 parking garage addition to an existing 1,395 m2, 2-storey building. The addition includes medical and dental clinic, wellness centre, daycare, ceremonial hall, cultural centre, library, meeting rooms, office space and a commercial kitchen.
The construction work was phased to maintain existing building in operation while the new addition was constructed.
The mechanical design featured:
- New commercial kitchen equipment with high efficiency condensing make-up air unit and low flow capture jet technology kitchen exhaust hood.
- Centralized washroom exhaust energy recovery units delivering heat reclaimed ventilation air back into the space.
- Zoned high performance rooftop air handling units, with energy recovery wheels capable of accommodating high outdoor airflow rates.
- Variable air volume terminal units providing individualized thermal comfort to various spaces.
- Ultra high efficiency boiler plant providing hydronic in-floor radiant heating at perimeter spaces and parking garage hydronic unit heaters.
- Ceremonial hall with domed ceiling having overlooking upper storey balcony with integrated smoke exhaust capabilities to meet fire protection code requirements but also serving as a means of smoke control during ceremonial proceedings.
- Complete building automation system with energy management controls.
The electrical design featured:
- Customer owned electrical sub-station.
- voltage lighting controls with LED lighting throughout.
- Theatrical/ceremonial lighting custom designed for ceremonial hall.
- Owner: Wabano Center for Aboriginal Health
- Project Location:Ottawa, ON
- Construction Completion:2013
- Building Type:Public/Institutional
- Project Type:Multi-use Community & Health Services Centre
- Construction Value:$14M (Total) $2.5M (M&E)