5,200 m2, two (2) storey elementary school designed to CECCE Guidelines, the facility includes classroom areas, administration, lobby gathering area, double gymnasium, computer lab and Daycare. The building will be 35% better than the model national energy code and will receive Enbridge HPNC grants.
Sustainable Features Included
- Grey water system for water closets and urinals.
- High efficiency water fixtures, 50% less water usage.
- Dual flush water closets
- Metering faucets on all lavatories
Energy efficient mechanical systems:
- Energy recovery wheels in all rooftop units
- RTU’s with modulating gas fired heating burners
- RTU’s with multi compressors
- High efficient gas fired water heater
- Full direct digital control systems
Energy efficient electrical systems:
- T5 high efficiency lighting
- Multi level lighting control strategy
- Owner: Conseil des écoles catholiques du centre-est (CECCE)
- Project Location:Orléans, ON
- Construction Completion:August 2010
- Building Type:School
- Project Type:New Construction
- Construction Value:$2.75M (M&E)