The project involved upgrades and replacement of normal and emergency power systems in two (2) wings of the hospital. The project includes replacement of main normal service to Connell and Douglas Wings and replacement of the hospital emergency power system. The new emergency power system consists of 2-2.25 MVA diesel generators, closed transition transfer switches and associated distribution. This project’s major challenge was to provide the above upgrades with maintain a fully functional health care facility.
- Owner: Kingston General Hospital
- Project Location:Kingston, ON
- Construction Completion:2006-2007
- Building Type:Commercial/Residential
- Project Type:Renovation
- Construction Value:$17M (M&E)