A 5,500 m2 facility with 14 m clear ceilings is an addition to the existing Lakehead University Athletics complex. The new facility houses an indoor arena football field with a surrounding running track, a climbing wall, fitness area and a physio therapy clinic that is open to the public.
A dedicated indoor AHU conditions the air for the field. Air is distributed to the field through fabric ductwork to minimize damage done by errant sports equipment. Dedicated indoor AHUs supply conditioned air to each of the clinics and fitness rooms.
Engineering services included concept, design, construction document production and construction review of the mechanical & electrical systems.
Key energy efficiency measures include high efficiency lighting, building automated control system with energy control strategies, free cooling, night setback and night purge.
- Owner: Lakehead University
- Project Location:Thunder Bay, ON
- Construction Completion:2005
- Building Type:Multi-Purpose Recreation Centre
- Project Type:Construction Management – New Construction
- Construction Value:$1.5M (M&E)