A new 4,775 m2 multi-purpose sports facility consisting of a running track, high jump area, shot put area, sprinting track, soccer field, washrooms and change room facilities.
The building is conditioned with a gas fired AHU complete with an enthalpy energy recovery wheel. Air is distributed to the space through fabric ductwork to minimize damage done by errant sports equipment.
Engineering services included concept, design, construction document production and construction review of the mechanical & electrical systems.
Key energy efficiency measures include high efficiency lighting, building automated control system with energy control strategies, free cooling, night setback and night purge.
- Owner: University of Guelph
- Project Location:Guelph, ON
- Construction Completion:2012
- Building Type:Multi-Purpose Recreation Centre
- Project Type:Construction Management – New Construction
- Construction Value:$1.7M (M&E)